Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Kaua'i





They call this Island the Garden Isle...I can see why...this place took my breath away it was so lush. This is an Island we want to come back and stay at for at least a week. We drove up to the Waimea Canyon which they call the Grand Canyon of Hawaii. The final lookout point where you look down on the ocean was incredible...(second picture from the bottom)..you felt so small and so amazed at the same time...it is a memory that I will not soon forget. We stopped at a coffee plantation and had to bring some coffee back! I also bought a coffee mug that says " Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation" ha ha.... that suit's me to a T. For those of you who know me know Jeff and I are coffee whores..so when we spotted a Starbucks on this island we just had to get one also! Weird seeing one on an island but a welcome sight :)

 
Link